How high are you on your own priority list? Just a rough guess, pretty low, somewhere below the dog/hamster/goldfish…and the goldfish died two months ago.
We believe you should be near the top, or even number 1. There is a saying: ‘you can’t pour from an empty cup’ and as ex business owners we know the consequences of putting yourself last. It can lead to you feeling resentful, exhausted, trapped and lost. It can impact your health, your relationships, your life and your business. But who do you turn to when you feel lonely at the top?
Checking in with yourself regularly is essential as how you feel, physically, mentally and emotionally dictates every aspect of your personal and professional life. One way of doing this is to set time in your diary every day for a check in. Close your eyes, breath deeply for a moment and clear your mind. Then mentally scan yourself slowly from the top of your head, down through your body. Notice where you hold tension and pause to let your mind work out why you are tense and relax that area. Do you have any aches or pains that need attention? Is this your body telling you that it is struggling? What emotions do you feel as you do this, for instance anger, frustration, loneliness, or even fear? Allowing yourself this ‘me time’ on a regular basis is a positive habit. Acknowledging and admitting how you feel and giving yourself time to mentally investigate the potential cause helps you to release what you’re holding and find greater balance.
At the start of the Equanimity support process, we focus on YOU. We ask a whole bunch of questions in such a way that the most important truth reveals itself and we promise that it will feel like a weight has been lifted. We know, because we’ve either asked the same questions of ourselves, or been asked these questions. And some of them have stumped us!
Have a go now at answering these questions and be very honest.
- The starting point is the heart of what is truly important to you: What gives you the greatest happy hit, or buzz in life. That moment when everything comes together and you feel the rush of positive adrenaline and excitement, a YES, moment? This could be from your personal life, or from your work. (We then break this down and explore the elements that make up this high point.)
- When was the last time you experienced this feeling in life?
- When was the last time you experienced this feeling through your work?
- How often do you need this feeling?
- How often do you want this feeling?
- How can you get more of this feeling? Or, what is stopping you from achieving this feeling?
If you’re struggling to answer any of these questions, then we are here to help YOU. You are our number one priority. It’s time you put yourself first.
To book a personal discovery session email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 07502 602496.